Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pakistan is Prepared Mr Deepak Kapoor


Indian army Chief General Deepak Kapoor said few days ago that we can occupy the enemy land in 96 hours and can fight Pakistan and China at same time. Mr Deepak Kapoor Pakistan is prepared don,t consider our wish of Peace as our weakness. we well know how to defend our land and hit back. But your statement shows your mentality. When Pakistan was made your congress leader said Pakistan will end in few days, than said in few months, But it is more than 62 years Pakistan is there. Your wishes of occupying the Pakistan and making Akhand Bharat Will never come true.Pakistan Zindabad

Foreign govt's among Clinton donors

WASHINGTON – Foreign countries including Norway and Oman contributed to former President Bill Clinton's charity, and donors including Donald Trump, multinational soft drink company Coca-Cola and singer Elton John's foundation also pitched in as Hillary Rodham Clinton served her first year as secretary of state.

A donor list released on New Year's Day by the William J. Clinton Foundation shows that in all, Norway has given $10 million to $25 million to the charity since its founding roughly a decade ago. Oman gave $1 million to $5 million over the years. The list gave cumulative donation totals and didn't say how much each contributor gave last year.

The foundation provided The Associated Press with a donor list Friday morning under the heading "William J. Clinton Foundation Publishes Names of 2009 Contributors on Foundation Website" but later said the disclosure, which included many more foreign governments, covered donors dating back to the charity's inception, and that it wouldn't identify who gave in 2009. The foundation changed course Friday afternoon and updated the list to specify 2009 donors.

The Clintons agreed to annually disclose the names of donors to the foundation to address concerns about potential conflicts of interest between the former president's fundraising abroad and his wife's role in helping direct Obama administration foreign policy.

Then-President-elect Barack Obama made the disclosure a condition of his selection of Hillary Rodham Clinton for the post, and the two senior lawmakers on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, John Kerry, D-Mass., and Richard Lugar, R-Ind., said when the first list was released in December 2008 that the disclosure "is designed to establish greater transparency and predictability with regard to the activities of the Clinton Foundation in the context of Sen. Clinton's service as secretary of state."

The William J. Clinton Foundation works in the United States and around the world on such issues as health care, particularly HIV/AIDS; climate change, and economic development. It also runs the Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, Ark., which includes Clinton's presidential library.

"I am deeply grateful to the many generous contributors who made it possible for my foundation to accomplish so much in 2009, including increasing the number of people on lifesaving HIV/AIDS treatment, helping cities reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and inspiring millions of children to lead healthier lives," Bill Clinton said in a written statement.

Several foreign governments that appeared in the foundation's first disclosure in December 2008 didn't give last year, including Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and Brunei.

In releasing the list Friday, the foundation didn't identify individual contributors' employers, nationalities or any other details. It gave only cumulative ranges rather than precise donations, and didn't provide a fundraising total. But it did say that more than 90 percent of the gifts it received last year were in donations of $250 or less. The foundation has raised hundreds of millions of dollars over the years.

The 2009 donors included three who ranked as the foundation's all-time biggest givers, topping $25 million each since Bill Clinton founded the charity: the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; Canadian mining tycoon and Radcliffe Foundation chief executive Frank Giustra, and UNITAID.

Bill Clinton joined Giustra on a 2005 trip to Kazakhstan; within days after the pair met with Kazakhstan's president, Giustra's business lined up preliminary deals giving it rights to buy into uranium projects controlled by a Kazakhstan state-owned enterprise. Bill Clinton has said he had nothing to do with that.

In UNITAID's case, almost all of the money simply passed through the foundation to buy commodities, the foundation said.

AUSAID, the Australian government's overseas aid program, was also a 2009 giver. It donated $10 million to $25 million to the foundation over the years.

Those donating last year whose cumulative contributions total $5 million to $10 million include COPRESIDA, a Dominican Republic government agency formed to fight AIDS, whose donation of $5 million to $10 million passed through the foundation for commodity procurement; the Elton John AIDS Foundation; the Netherlands' Nationale Postcode Loterij, and the Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative - Canada.

The foundation has attracted at least one seemingly unlikely ally over the years, the list shows. Conservative Richard Scaife, who bankrolled anti-Clinton investigations in the 1990s, gave it $100,000 to $250,001 prior to 2009. As first lady, Hillary Rodham Clinton called the activities of Scaife and others part of "a vast right-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for president."

Among the donors last year:

• Alltel Corp., which has given $1 million to $5 million in all.

• Saudi Arabian businessman Nasser Al-Rashid, who has given at least $1 million.

• The Coca-Cola Co. and the Swedish Postcode Lottery, which each donated $1 million to $5 million since the foundation started.

• Swiss financier Arpad "Arki" Busson, who has given $500,001 to $1 million.


Lakki Marwat death toll mounts to 93

LAKKI MARWAT: The death toll in Friday evening's suicide attack during a volleyball match in Lakki Marwat continues to rise, with 93 killed and more than 70 injured in the deadly blast, reported ARY NEWS on Saturday.

The bodies identified were sent to their native towns.

A suicide bomber detonated his explosives-packed vehicle as fans gathered at a volleyball court to watch two local sides face off in the village of Shah Hasan Khan, in Bannu district, bordering Taliban stronghold South Waziristan.

The attack was one of the deadliest in recent Pakistani history. As local tribesmen prepared for funerals Saturday, rescuers were still searching for bodies trapped underneath rubble.

The suicide bomber detonated some 550 pounds (250 kilograms) of high-intensity explosives on the crowded field during the tournament held Friday near a meeting of anti-Taliban elders. The elders were probably the actual target, police said.

Eight children, six paramilitary troops and two police are among the dead.

Lakki Marwat is near South Waziristan, a tribal region where the army has been battling the Pakistani Taliban since October.

"The locality has been a hub of militants. Locals set up a militia and expelled the militants from this area. This attack seems to be reaction to their expulsion," local police Chief Ayub Khan told reporters.

In Washington, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton condemned the attack.

"The United States will continue to stand with the people of Pakistan in their efforts to chart their own future free from fear and intimidation and will support their efforts to combat violent extremism and bolster democracy," she said in a statement.

Authorities said that about 300 people were on the field at the time of Friday's blast and that security had been provided for the games and the tribal elders' meeting.

Omar Gull, 35, a wounded paramilitary soldier, said that the attacker drove recklessly into the crowd and that people were trying to figure out what was happening when the explosives detonated.

"It was then chaos," he said. "It was smoke, dust and cries."

The attack was the deadliest since a car bomb killed 112 people at a crowded market in Peshawar on Oct. 28.

Regional Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain reiterated the government's resolve to target militants wherever they may be, saying, "We need to be more on the offensive to fight them."

Friday, January 1, 2010

Obama takes daughters for shave ice treat

KAILUA, Hawaii – President Barack Obama took his daughters and friends Friday to sample a Hawaiian delicacy of ice shavings and flavored syrup, joshing with his group about winning college football teams on New Year's Day.

Obama and about 20 people drove to a shave ice store the president has visited during past trips to Hawaii. He ordered a flavor combination of lemon-lime, cherry and passion-guava syrups.

"It's the Snowbama," Obama said, noting that the store lists the combination on its menu.

He chose not to add sweet azuki red beans or ice cream, as some people do in Hawaii.

"I like my shave ice straight, no frills," said a casual Obama, wearing a white T-shirt, khaki shorts and sandals.

About 100 people packed into a shopping center parking lot to catch a glimpse of the vacationing president and his girls, who have largely stayed out of public view while on the island of Oahu.

While waiting in line Obama teased a friend who rooted for Oregon. The Ducks lost to Ohio State in the Rose Bowl earlier in the day.

"He's heartbroken, so I'm buying him shave ice," Obama said.

The store — Island Snow — said on its Facebook page that the first daughters already had visited the store during this vacation.


Fox, Time Warner Cable announce broadcast deal

LOS ANGELES – The Fox television network and Time Warner Cable reached a programming deal in principle on Friday, after leaving millions of people in the lurch about whether they'd be able to see an anticipated college football bowl game and other shows on cable TV.

Fox had threatened to force Time Warner Cable and another cable TV provider, Bright House Networks, to drop the Fox broadcast signal from 14 of its TV stations and half a dozen of its cable channels as a contract expired at midnight Thursday.

But signals were extended into Friday as talks continued, allowing more than 6 million cable subscribers in New York, Los Angeles, Orlando, Fla., and other markets to tune into the Sugar Bowl and other programming.

The deal, which included Bright House, ended a week of public sparring that had some consumers worried they'd miss the matchup between highly ranked Florida and Cincinnati that started at 8:30 p.m. EST.

"I think it's all corporate gamesmanship and consumers are caught in the crossfire," said Richard Anderson, a 55-year-old city manager in Apopka, Fla., who had eight people at his place ready to drive four miles to root for Florida at the residence of a friend who had satellite TV.

Anderson had tried unsuccessfully this week to get an injunction blocking Fox from pulling its signal.

Neither company would divulge the terms of the deal. Fox wanted to be paid $1 per cable subscriber each month for the broadcast signal it had once given away freely from the stations it owns. Other Fox affiliate stations that are owned by different companies had already cut deals to be paid by cable operators for a fraction of that fee.

"We're pleased that, after months of negotiations, we were able to reach a fair agreement with Time Warner Cable — one that recognizes the value of our programming," said Chase Carey, chief operating officer at News Corp., which owns Fox.

Time Warner Cable Inc. Chief Executive Glenn Britt said he was "happy to have reached a reasonable deal with no disruption in programming for our customers."

Politicians and regulators had gotten in on the dispute, especially because Fox sends its signals out freely on public airwaves on a frequency it obtained for nothing, with the obligation that it serve the public interest.

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski congratulated both companies and his staff for the deal.

But Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., raised concerns about the effectiveness of a 1992 cable law that allows broadcasters to seek compensation from cable and satellite operators for their signals.

"I will reach out to both parties, the FCC, and consumer advocates to assess lessons learned from this dispute and what, if any, changes to law are necessary," Kerry said in a statement.

Fox said it could no longer give away its stations' signals to cable companies because the network is facing stiff competition from cable channels, such as the Walt Disney Co.'s ESPN, which earn subscriber fees on top of advertising dollars.

That dual revenue stream allowed ESPN to outbid Fox for high-priced events such as the college football Bowl Championship Series — including the Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl and Orange Bowl that are now on Fox — from 2011 to 2013.

Time Warner Cable, in the meantime, had vowed to hold the line on cable bill increases, and said the vast of majority of viewers who went to its Web site, http://www.rolloverorgettough.com, urged it to "get tough" and fight back against higher costs.

Neither side would have fared well if signals had been pulled.

Fox would have lost viewers and advertising dollars for some highly anticipated shows this month, including the 20th anniversary special of "The Simpsons" on Jan. 10, and the season premieres of "American Idol" on Jan. 12 and "24" on Jan. 17. It had urged viewers to go to its Web site, http://www.keepfoxon.com.

If the signal had been dropped, cable operators could have angered customers, who can switch to competitive television providers such as DirecTV or AT&T's U-verse that carry Fox programming.

Satellite TV provider Dish Network, which already has a deal with Fox, had been heavily advertising in newspapers, radio and TV telling Time Warner Cable customers, "Don't risk missing your favorite shows."

TV viewers could also have decided to cut off their cable entirely and watched the Fox broadcast network using an antenna with a digital TV or converter box.

Separately, Cablevision Systems Corp. said early Friday it had dropped HGTV and Food Network for its 3.1 million subscribers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut in a fee dispute with Scripps Networks Interactive Inc., based in Cincinnati.

Time Warner Cable continued to carry Food Network and Great American Country under a temporary deal extension as its talks with Scripps continued.

Fox and CBS signals from Sinclair Broadcasting Group Inc. stations in markets such as Des Moines and Cedar Rapids, Iowa, also continued to be carried by cable company Mediacom Communications Corp. in a temporary deal extension to Jan. 8.


Zaid Hamid Lecture on current Scenario and The Future of Pakistan at Superior

Sir Zaid Hamid Lecture on current Scenario and The Future of Pakistan at Superior University on 30th December 2009.












Afghanistan becoming Death Valley For Americans and Nato


Americans and Nato are not the first who are losing so badly in Afghanistan but many others in history as well. From British to Russian in history no body was able to win in Afghanistan. Afghanistan proved Death Valley for all these and now for Americans and Nato.

in a latest Development 8 Cia secret agents 5 Canadian Soldiers are killed in Capital of Afghanistan Kabul while two french Soldiers are kidnapped. Deaths of Nato Forces are increasing day by day and more more Afghan Land is going under Control of Afghan Taliban. According to some reports 80% Afghanistan is under Afghan Taliban control. last few month are proved badest for nato in last 8 years.
Even American President has announced to send 39000 more forces to Afghanistan but it will not work the win in Afghanistan for American and Nato is impossible.