Tuesday, December 29, 2009

In Search of Snow: Road to Malam Jabba


Next day I woke up quite early and the reason was the same, I needed hot water to take bath. After getting ready we all had our break fast consisting of bread and jam which we bought from Lahore. When we came out of hotel our fellows were waiting for us. . Our destination of the day was Malam Jaba. I was praying that the rout must be clear and I somehow find which I was looking for.

We were told that teachers and the Jialas have left for Malam Jaba. T last the van alike jeep arrived but this time conductor was asking for higher fare than the last day. We decided to go for another jeep. Now the journey began again to make it adventurous I was hanging with the jeep rather than sitting inside. After a while we were out of the populated area and now the road was taking some twist and turns and it was like an anaconda wrapped on a mountain. The sceneries were really amazing and I was praising Almighty Allah for such beautiful creation for a blessing which he gave me to see and enjoy what he has created for us.

After covering a distance our jeep was stopped at place to cool down the engine. All of us came out of the jeep and had some walk, clicked some photos, and had cucumbers as it was the only thing to eat at there at that time. There was a small waterfall, and in the stream there was an attractive object spinning. It was a plate and in its center there was an iron rod, on the top of the rod different things were tied. It was an interesting thing to watch when it spins with the flow of the water coming from waterfall. Another strange thing, I noticed there and it was the way of decoration of the people of that particular area. On both sides of so called road there were wrappers, tetra packs of juices, and many other things were hanging on a thread.

When our jeep was ready to move after taking some rest, our journey started again. During this journey to Malam Jaba I was able to saw an object which I was starving to see since I was in Swat, and it was Motor Cycle. After a while I was feeling bit cold and the reason for this change was the nearness of the thing which I was in search of, yes I was very close to snow at that time. The people we saw on the way used to wave for us or we started to wave for them. Nevertheless I was lost in something else, I was so happy to see snow so close to me.

We finally reached Malam Jaba trough a curly road. The first thing, I did there was to move to PTDC rest house, Malam Jabba. I really wanted to go to the washroom. The security guard did not allow me to get in and asked me to go to the Mosque there was a washroom in the premises of Mosque. The Mosque was not in a good condition. God knows that I have never seen such a ruined mosque in my whole life.

After getting rid of my problem I was heading towards the main spot. I came to know that the teaches are going back to Bahrain and Jialas couldn't make it. Principal Sb met and told us that it's a great place to enjoy. There is no problem of cellular network signals and many “Ladies & Gentlemen” are there. In his statement there was a significant stress on the word LADIES. At that time the second thing which I was starving to see was also there. After motorcycle, girl was the second thing which I wanted to see. There were many girls and they were a bits more modern than the kind of girls we have imagined in the area of Swat so the first thing came into my mind was “these are all tourists and none of them is from the interior Swat”.

This whole tour brought a change in my views, and the night before this Malam Jaba trip; my friends tried to make fun of mine due to this new ideology. The newest view of mine at that time was:
I never respect the so called modern girls and I don't even give value to them, but this tour of Swat has changed my views. I still don't respect them, but yes now I value them.

No comments:

Post a Comment