Thursday, December 31, 2009

What's Happy about this New Year???


These are the ending moments of this year when I am writing this blog post, my cell phone is full with the happy new year messages, my email box have lots of mails with same subject, my face book time line shows me many wishes to me. However I think what's happy about this New Year. For last 3 days, again and again, myself force me to remember 22nd October, 2009. Many of you must be thinking “why?” It was the day when I became unemployed. I got a call and I came to know that my services are no more required. Till that day I used to be a Home tutor.

“Why today I am remembering this sad incident? “The answer is KARACHI. I feel pain in my chest, and I mean pain real pain, whenever I think about the burning took place in the economic hub of Pakistan, the attack at the biggest whole sale market of Pakistan. This made thousands of people unemployed. I know how it feels to be suddenly unemployed but believe me I cannot say that I know the real pain of being unemployed. I was a home tutor for myself, I was not supposed to share my revenue with any one at my home, Alhamdulillah I have been doing very well when I was not teaching and now days again I am doing good, all thanks to Allah who enabled my family to look after me.

That is why I don't know the real pain of being unemployed. Just imagine that you have to support a whole family and you became unemployed and worst factor is that you yourself were not behind this all mess. Some idiot burnt your workplace and make you, almost, economically incapable. For a moment think yourself as a shop owner at the Bolton market, Karachi. Till Sunday you were a well off, a millionaire and now you are at road. Just imagine how it feels.
Hundreds of shops and workplaces turned into Ashes, thousands of people become jobless, and a loss which cannot be measured, as per a rough calculations the lose is far more than billion. Just thinking about this I feel pain in my chest, and I am not writing it to create charm but its fact I feel pain in my chest but this pain is nothing in front of the problem or pain of those who actually suffered it.

Now let's come to the positive side. I know what happened is really sad and the pain is far beyond the imagination of a common man. Nevertheless its chance to relive the success story, rebuilt what you have lost, try to come up again with a new aim, but the real thing is, don't loose heart Karachi. These people have always been helping hand, I can remember what these people did when earth quick took place, its time for them to be repaid they were the biggest donors at that time. I know that government is making a so called try as always. However there is someone who never keep credit of any one, Allah Almighty is the one authority who pays when you really deserve.

I believe its time for us to help them all and trust in Almighty Allah who will definitely help us all, especially those who really need it. As far as I am concerned I am ready to help as much as I can because I believe the long distance I covered only after taking first step. I am ready to take that one step.

Another thing which is making me angry along with making sad. The people who were there at that time to provide the security, the security forces, police and rangers remain quiet, when this final act of this play was being staged. Not a single tear gas was fired, not a single bullet came out of their gun at that time when the things were going out of control. Such discrimination in the behavior, from May 2007 to December 2009, what a drastic “improvement”. I demand all those men on duty at that time must be dismissed and punished in a way that it become a warning lesson. Each and every one behind this act should be hanged in public. And we must keep peace among ourselves and rather than going for strike we should work more now to gain what we have lost. Because it has been the greatest loss of our history as Mr. Anjum Nisar, Member of Karachi Chamber of Commerce:
it was no doubt the 9/11 for the economy of Pakistan.


At the end i would like to wish Happy New Year though apparently there is nothing Happy about it considering what we are going through. But we can make it Happy just by hopping for the Happiness and working to attain the happiness.

Picture Curtesy: The Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment