Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reaching your customer globally- A work shop by tie Lahore

Yet another event is going to be feature over here, yesterday I was at Royal Palm Golf Country Club to attend a work shop held by TIE Lahore. The soul of this event was to solve the question “REACHING CUSTOMER GLOBALLY BY USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO YOUR ADVANTAGE FOR FREE”, that was the question but here is another question that who will help in solving this question and to answer this question I will take no time as Mr. Naeem Zafar, Founder of Concordia Ventures, was the man who was there to solve this question and showing some new ways of reaching the customer.

Those who know me personally must be thinking that what I was doing there? Well the reason for them thinking like this is not the fact that I am not an entrepreneur--that’s what they think ;), but the real reason for thinking this way is my graduation ceremony which was going to be on the same day. So to answer this question, the graduation ceremony was (almost) in the morning and I some how managed to do justice with both the events.

This time I did not forget the way, just because of the reason that I used to play cricket at the place where this country club is situated now, the development in Lahore and my cricket on Sunday is a silly combination which is more of a coincidence, so will talk about it some other time, I left Punjab University campus to reach this work shop right after the group photo, tossing the graduate cap in the air and removing the gown. Some of my friends were thinking that I have to catch a train or something.

Reaching the venue and registering for the event took enough time that I missed some of the presentation slides and till the end of the event I was trying to gather all the “New Rules” which were presented by Mr. Naeem, but on the bases of as much as I have gathered I can say that the whole pack of information was or I should better say “is” very useful for me and every one who was there in the hall. During the presentation many question were raised which were helpful for me to lose the knots which were about to emerge in my box which many of you call brain.

At the end of presentation there was a Q&A session, it’s not new as almost every presentation at the end have it, many questions were asked from the presenter and all of them were answered and I must say that Mr. Naeem is a person who knows that “how to answer the question and how to satisfy the person who is asking it”. I took the opportunity to ask a question, not for the reason which a gentleman describes as the core advantage of asking question, and I am glad that I have got an answer and a path to reach my goal. Yes the question was about my dream work the project of my life time, my ultimate goal of my professional life and that is ---- ha ha I don’t want to disclose it here yet ;) but I would like to clear one thing that it is my dream and passion not the influence or charm of something which looks so glamorous to me.

I want to thank Mr. Naeem who not only answered my question but also told me that how to start what I was trying to do. One more person which I really want to thank for adding note to the answer of Mr. Naeem and giving me a clue or hint about what I should do, as I keep hints as secret so no one should expect that I am going to reveal it over here, but the thing I am going to do is saying Thanks to Mr. Adeel Anwar, Head NTI div. of NetSol.

During the networking session I met Farhan Bhai it was a surprise for me, I knew that he might be attending the event but during the session I could not find him any where in the hall and suddenly when out of no where when I saw him it was a surprise for me, it was pleasure meeting Syed Hassan Talal once again on an event and this time he as scored Hat trick of meeting me on events and making his place over here in my blog posts. Mr. Monis Rehman nice meeting you sir and as always couldn’t talk to you much and I take the whole responsibility on my end for that because I don’t know why but I feel bit shy and nervous while talking to you. Iftikhar Hussian was the one who informed me for this event but he himself was late on the event but it was pleasure meeting him again and good to know from him that another informative event is going to be held soon, one more person I would like to mention over here is Miss. Arooj, her plan for facilitating the blind people and giving them an opportunity to do something and bust the myths which we have in our society about the people with white sticks, and one more thing it was nice meeting a female hokey player who take her game as a passion not profession. I would like to have a meeting with her again it will be something like interview because I want to know more about her plans and goals which really impressed me, May Allah bless her with success. If Miss. Ar you are reading this I would like to feature you in “people of my land” category of this blog so consider it as a request to give some time for an interview.

Once again I am in the problem to how the close this blog post so I think its better to apologies to all those who I forgot to mention over here and the reason is same old one its hard for me to remember names. And one more thing I missed so many slides and some of the info I could not note down so if somehow I can have all that info again please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment